Bible Verses About Obedience To God
As Christians and Jesus’s followers, we have to obey God.
What does the Bible say about obedience to God?
Let’s look at below Bible verses about obedience to God and why we should obey God.
Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always.
~ Deuteronomy 11 : 1 NIV
8)Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 9) and so that you may live long in the land that the LORD swore to your forefathers to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey.
~ Deuteronomy 11 : 8 – 9 NIV
13) So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today – to love the LORD your God and to serve him will all your heart and with all your soul – 14) then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. 15) I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.
~ Deuteronomy 11 : 13-15 NIV
Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine.
~Exodus 19 : 5 NIV
3) Tell them that this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says :”Cursed is the man who does not obey the terms of this covenant – 4) the terms I commanded your forefathers when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the iron-smelting furnace.” I said, “Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God. 5) Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey ” – the land you possess today. ”
~ Jeremiah 11 : 3 – 5 NIV
We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.
~ John 9 : 31 NIV
“If you love me, you will obey what I command.
~ John 14 : 15 NIV
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
~ John 14 : 21 NIV
23) Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24) He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
~ John 14 : 23 – 24 NIV
No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs – he wants to please his commanding officer. 5) Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor’s crown unless he competes according to the rules.
~ 2 Timothy 2 : 4 – 5 NIV
5) Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6)Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like salves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.
~ Ephesians 6 : 5 – 6 NIV
7) “Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: You have been more unruly than the nations around you and have not followed my decrees or kept my laws. You have not even conformed to the standards of the nations around you. 8)”Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself am against you, Jerusalem, and I will inflict punishment on you in the sight of the nations.
~ Ezekiel 5 : 7 – 8 NIV
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
~ Matthew 19 : 17 NIV
Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men!”
~ Acts 5 : 29 NIV
We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
~ Acts 5 : 32 NIV
8)Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9)and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
~ Hebrew 5 : 8 – 9 NIV
23)And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24)Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
~ 1 John 3 : 23 – 24 NIV
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
~ 1 John 5 : 2 NIV
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
~ Revelation 14 : 12 NIV
Conversely here below is what the Bible says about disobedience to God
If you do whatever I command you and walk in my ways and do what is right in my eyes by keeping my statutes and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I built for David and will give Israel to you.
~ 1 Kings 11 : 38 NIV
21) I have told you today, but you still have not obeyed the LORD your God in all he sent me to tell you. 22) So now, be sure of this: You will die by the sword, famine and plague in the place where you want to go to settle.”
~ Jeremiah 42 : 21 – 22 NIV
As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you live in ignorance.
~ 1 Peter 1 : 14 NIV
and, “A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall” They stumble because they disobey the message – which is also what they were destined for.
~ 1 Peter 2 : 8 NIV
Photographs by Scott Paschall
Incoming search terms:
- bible verses about obeying god
- bible verse about obeying god
- bible verses on obeying God
- obeying god verses
- obey god bible verse
- obey God verses
- Bible Verses About Love
Related Articles :
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Popular Search Terms